This procedure describes the steps for installing System Center Service Manager 2010 management server.
The installation described below does not install Data Warehouse component. This will be installed on a second computer.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 was installed on the server.
- You have installed all the prerequisites: IIS with ASP.NET, .NET Framework 3.5.1
- You have created the service accounts
- You have installed SQL Server 2008 x64
Installation and configuration steps
- Logon on the SvcMgr server using the domain Administrator account.
- From the Service Manager media launch the Setup program.
- In the System Center Service Manager window select Install Service Manager management server.
- In the Product Registration window fill the details, check I have read, understood and agree with the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- In the Installation Location verify there is enough disk space and click Next.
- In the Prerequisites window verify there are no errors and click Next.
- In the Configure the Service Manager database verify the information and click Next. Note: If data is not available and the cells are greyed, verify that you have installed Full text search.
- In the Configure the Service Manager management group window type a name then click Browse.
- In the Select User or Group window type SMAdmins, click Check Names and then click OK.
- In the Configure the Service Manager management group window click Next.
- In the Configure Service Manager account window select Domain account, enter the credentials of the SMService account then click Test Credentials.
- In the Configure Service Manager account window click Next.
- In the Configure workflow account window select Domain account, enter the credentials of the SMWorkflow account then click Test Credentials.
- In the Configure workflow account window click Next.
- In the Help improve System Center Service Manager window select an option and click Next.
- In the Use Microsoft Update… window select an option and click Next.
- In the Installation summary window verify the information and click Install.
- In the Install window wait for the operation to complete.
- In the Finished window check Open the Service Manager console when Setup closes then click Close.
- In the Connect to Service Manager Server window type the name of the server and click Connect.
- System Center Service Manager console will open.