As announced at Microsoft Ignite and on the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility blog, the Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) is now Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS).
Besides the change in name, there are a few interesting news:
- Azure Information Protection (formerly known as Azure Rights Management Services) will also be generally available on Oct 1, 2016.
- Existing Enterprise Mobility Suite subscriptions become Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 subscriptions.
- A new expanded EMS E5 plan will be available beginning Oct 1, 2016.
Azure AD Premium becomes Azure AD Premium P1.
A new plan Azure AD Premium P2 includes all the capabilities in Azure AD Premium P1 as well as Identity Protection and Privileged Identity Management.
Existing Azure Rights Management Premium is now Azure Information Protection Premium P1.
The Azure Information Protection Premium P2 offer adds automatic classification, on top of the manual classification and labelling.
What this means for you?
- Better alignment with Office 365 subscriptions. As you may recall, several Mobile Device Management features are included in Office 365 subscriptions.
- More choices in selecting the appropriate features for your Enterprise Mobility needs.
Watch out for more news on: