After installing the infrastructure, I was asked to provide technical support during the performance testing period. So I headed again to Microsoft Technology Center, this time together with a great team of consultants from Codit, the developers of the application: Toon Vanhoutte, Sam Neirinck and Jonathan Maes with the remote support of the colleagues via Skype, including Wim Vlayen from the test team who was executing the tests remotely, and changed his profile picture to a black cat, for luck. We had also received great help and recommendations from Basile Joly, a consultant at Microsoft Technology Center. I was assisting with the configuration changes and collecting the performance counter logs.
The tests were successful and we obtained the performance targets with half of the initially estimated resources.
For me this was a great experience, and I am very thankful for having this opportunity.
I have recently had the great opportunity to participate to the performance testing of an application at the Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) in Paris.
First I was sent on a mission to install and configure the infrastructure required for the application. I have spent a full week at MTC, and with great help from the technical consultants at Microsoft Technology Center, I have installed a SQL Server failover cluster with 2 nodes and 4 SQL instances, 6 BizTalk virtual machines configured in NLB, MSDTC and BizTalk Single Sign-On (SSO) in cluster.
The environment at MTC is great. Their datacenter is like Alladin’s cave. They have all sorts of servers, storage and devices. For this project we used Dell servers and Compellent storage, to name just a couple. They are also exhibiting a lot of cool devices, and they were offering daily tours to scholars and students. In short, it is a great environment and a great experience to work there.
I am very happy! I have received the MVP Award for Enterprise Mobility. Microsoft has consolidated the MVP award categories. Enterprise Mobility includes:
- System Center Configuration Manager & Microsoft Intune
- Identity and Access (Azure Active Directory)
- Information Protection (Azure RMS)
- Remote Desktop Services / Azure RemoteApp
That means a broader set of products and services to cover. Looking forward to raise to the challenge!
I wish you to be healthy and happy and have a great 2016!
La Mulţi Ani!
Happy New Year!
Een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
Ein gutes neues Jahr!
Boldog Új Évet!
Gott nytt år!
Here are a few pictures from Microsoft Summit 2015, organized by Microsoft Romania on Nov 4-5, 2015 at the Palace of Parliament.
This week, on Oct 22, 2015, I have attended the SCUG BE Night Fall Edition meeting hosted by Microsoft Benelux in Zaventem, Belgium.
The event had a very good audience, and great speakers:
Please see below some pictures from the event. Congratulations to the speakers and organizers! Looking forward for the next edition. Visit SCUG BE Events page and follow @scugbe on Twitter.
Microsoft Summit 2015 will take place in less than one month, on Nov 4-5, 2015 at the Palace of Parliament.
This year I was again invited by Microsoft Romania to participate as a speaker. I will deliver two sessions:
4 nov 2015 – 17:00-18:00
How easy is it to control an enterprise IT infrastructure with Microsoft management solutions?
Attend this session to find out about the new features in System Center vNext for managing enterprise IT infrastructures. We will discuss how you can use these features to implement and manage private cloud infrastructures. IT Professionals – NICOLAE BALCESCU HALL – Level 300
5 nov 2015 – 16:00-17:00
Learn how to control and manage your mobile devices in a BYOD world
Attend this session to find out about the new features for managing mobile devices with Windows 10 and Windows Phone 10 with Microsoft Intune and System Center Configuration Manager. Learn about conditional access, new features for managing application and configuring various settings using policies and profiles. IT Professionals – NICOLAE IORGA HALL – Level 300
If you are planning to attend, you can find useful a 15% discount code. Just input the following code when registering: EV-115-2938-5194. The discount code is valid until Thursday, Oct 15, 2015.
In perioada 2-5 septembrie va avea loc Avaelgo Azure Bootcamp.
Evenimentul va avea loc la Poiana Brasov si este organizat pe doua track-uri:
- Developers – cum puteti construi o solutie de e-commerce folosind Microsoft Azure. Vor fi discutate arhitectura solutiei si serviciile Microsoft Azure folosite precum si detalii de implementare. Trainer: Mihai Tataran, MVP Azure
- System Administrators – cum puteti construi o infrastructura de tip Hybrid Cloud folosind Hyper-V, System Center, Windows Azure Pack si serviciile Microsoft Azure IaaS. Trainer: Tudy Damian, MVP Hyper-V.
Pentru detalii vizitati pagina evenimentului Avaelgo Azure Bootcamp.
TechReady Training and Consulting Catalog is now available for download.
Learn about Mobile Device Management, Private Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Application Lifecycle Management in these custom seminars developed by TechReady. The trainings can be organized at your company location.
If you are interested in evaluating the Enterprise Mobility Suite, you can benefit from the Mobile Device Management workshop and proof-of concept.
Or you can contract a custom consulting engagement for:
- Desktop management with System Center Configuration Manager
- Mobile device management with Microsoft Intune
- Operating system deployment with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Monitoring servers and applications with System Center Operations Manager
- Implementing service desk with System Center Service Manager
- Implementing a Private Cloud with Hyper-V and System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Providing self-service access to cloud resources using Windows Azure Pack
- Automating processes with System Center Orchestrator and PowerShell
- Implementing Azure infrastructure services
- Implementing Team Foundation Server 2013 for managing development processes
Contact us for more details.
The recording of my session from ITCamp 2015, Mobile Device Management Solutions – A Comparative Study was published by the organizers on the conference website.
You can find the recordings of the sessions here.