This procedure describes the steps for installing Windows Server Update Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 on the Primary Site Server. This is a prerequisite for Configuration Manager 2007 Software Updates feature.
- Active Directory and DNS server are installed and configured for the domain TECHREADY.RO.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 was installed on the server.
- IIS, BITS, ASP and WebDAV Publishing were installed on the server.
Installation and Configuration
- Logon on the server with the domain Administrator account.
- Download from the Microsoft website the standalone installation package for WSUS 3.0 SP2 x64 (KB972455). Launch the executable.
- In the Welcome to the WSUS 3.0 SP2 Setup Wizard window click Next.
- In the Installation Mode Selection window select the Full server installation including Administration Console option then click Next.
- In the License Agreement window select I accept the terms of the License agreement then click Next.
- In the Required Components to use administration UI window click Next.
- In the Select Update Source window accept the Store updates locally option then click Next.
- In the Database Options window, select Use an existing database server on this computer, then click Next.
- The Setup program will validate the connection to the database. In the Connecting to the SQL Server Instance window click Next.
- In the Web Site Selection window select Create a Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 Web site then click Next.
- In the Ready to Install Windows Server Update Services 3.0 window click Next.
- The Setup program will perform the installation.
- In the Completing the Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 Setup Wizard window click Finish.
- The Windows Server Update Services Configuration Wizard will start. Select Cancel because WSUS will be configured by Configuration Manager 2007.