This procedure describes the steps to configure the Site Systems: Distribution Point, Management Point, Reporting Point and Fallback Status Point for Configuration Manager 2007.
Fallback Status Point is used by the clients if they cannot connect to the Management Point to provide error reporting.
- Active Directory and DNS server are installed and configured for the domain TECHREADY.RO.
- Configuration Manager 2007 was installed in a Primary Site (Site Code = TRD).
- Site Boundaries were correctly configured to include only the systems you want to manage.
- The Discovery Methods were configured and discovered correctly the systems from the current site. Make sure that all the systems discovered are Assigned to the site. If not, there is an error in the configuration of the Site Boundaries.
Installation and Configuration
- Logon on the Configuration Manager 2007 server using the domain Administrator account.
- Launch Configuration Manager Console. Expand Site Database, Site Management, current site, Site Settings, Site Systems and select the name of the SCCM site server.
- Access the properties of the ConfigMgr distribution point verify that the option Enable as a standard distribution point is selected then click OK.
- In the Configuration Manager Console access the properties for the ConfigMgr management point check the option Allow devices to use this management point and verify that the options Use the site database and Use the management point computer account are selected, then click OK.
- In the Configuration Manager Console access the properties for the ConfigMgr site system for the SCCM server, check the option Specify a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for this site system on the intranet, enter the full DNS name of the server then click OK.
- In the Configuration Manager Console access the properties for the ConfigMgr site database and verify the name of the SQL Server and the name of the database. Click OK.
- In the Configuration Manager Console select the CfgMgr server and in the Actions pane select New Roles.
- The New Site Role Wizard will start. In the General window click Next.
- In the System Role Selection window select the Reporting Point, Software Update Point and Fallback Status Point then click Next.
- In the Reporting Point window verify the information then click Next.
- In the Software Update Point window verify the information then click Next.
- In the Active Settings window click Next. We will configure these settings later.
- In the Fallback Status Point window verify the information then click Next.
- In the Summary window verify the information then click Next.
- In the Wizard Completed window click Close.
- In the Configuration Manager Console observe the newly configured Site Systems roles.