This procedure describes the steps to configure the Site Boundaries for a Configuration Manager 2007 site. This configuration will determine the client assignment to the site.
This procedure is mandatory otherwise no clients will be assigned to the site.
- Active Directory and DNS server are installed and configured for the domain TECHREADY.RO.
- Configuration Manager 2007 was installed in a Primary Site (Site Code = TRD).
Installation and Configuration
- Logon on the Configuration Manager 2007 server using the domain Administrator account.
- Launch the Configuration Manager Console. Expand Site Database, Site Management, Current Site, Site Settings, Boundaries. From the Actions pane select New Boundary.
- In the New Site Boundary window, at Description enter a name, at Type select IP Subnet and enter the IP range used in the local network then click OK.
- In the Configuration Manager 2007 console verify the newly configured Site Boundary.
Note: We recommend that Site Boundaries are configured using Active Directory site definitions. The next steps describe the configuration of the Site Boundary using Active Directory sites.
- In the Configuration Manager Console in the Action pane select New Boundary.
- In the New Site Boundary window at Description enter a name, at Type select Active Directory site then click Browse.
- In the Browse Active Directory sites window select the Active Directory site you want to include in the Configuration Manager 2007 site definition then click OK.
- In the New Site Boundary window click OK.
- In the Configuration Manager 2007 console repeat steps above to add all Site Boundaries that contain clients to be managed by Configuration Manager 2007.